Skip to main content

How to overcome rejection


It’s almost amusing to see.

Sales reps scurrying away when they find out that YOU are trying to sell THEM something.

Usually, it works the other way around.

They swarm you the minute that you take a step onto their sales floor.

Now, it’s as if you’ve got the plague.

 You make your way to their manager.

He (or she) says that he’s not interested. 

They’re not generating any business.

They’re going with a competitor. 

On and on they go. 

While you’re still speaking, he or she turns their back on you and walks away.

When you go to the prospect, do you sometimes feel abused? 

No wonder you never want to go back. 

Many prospects remain unvisited throughout the country for the reasons just mentioned.

Have you ever realized that if you can learn to effectively work ALL your prospects that you could make A LOT OF MONEY? 

The most difficult visit that you will ever make to a prospect is your very first one. 

After that initial rejection, you might as well jump in and begin the courting process. 

It’s almost like dating. 

Up until that point the other person doesn’t know that you’re interested. 

Once you’ve gone in once. 

They know about you. 

What’s stopping you now? 

If we treated courtships the same way as some of us treat prospect visits, the whole human race just might die out! 

Let me tell you how I won someone over.

I know that this might shock you, but I had to repetitively ask my wife out before she initially consented to go. 

It wasn’t that I was so bad. She was just busy, and didn’t know anything about me. 

On maybe my last attempt, an acquaintance came up unexpectedly that knew us both. 

I didn’t particularly like that acquaintance or he me, but just because he knew me she consented to go out. 

Even after that it wasn’t easy. 

She had already been seeing a guy that was really persistent. 

I was so glad when his company sent him to Germany for a few months on a special project. 

Before he got back, she was wearing my engagement ring, and we were shopping for wedding dresses. 

If we don’t go after what we want, then we might have to grow old by ourselves.

Have you come to terms with the cost of you not effectively visiting your prospects? 

We think more about the initial pain of rejection, but let’s turn it around.

What is the pain of you not working them? 

Remember, anything worth having is worth fighting for, including your prospects. 

Think about all the nice things that you could have if you learned to master the art of selling. 

Aren’t you tired of going without? 

We need to work smarter just like when we were courting our spouses. 

Don’t just put your foot into the prospect’s door, and then tell your supervisor that you’re working your territory. 

Get to know THE people. What are they after? What hoops must you climb through to get their business? 

When will your competitor be out of town or preoccupied, so you can get a booking? Then, move in for the sell.

I know that prospects are difficult who treat you like dirt. 

I used to call on prospects myself. It helped me to remember that their actions define them and not me. 

What defines me is what I do in response. 

Do I turn tail and run, or do I refuse to back down when difficulties arise? 

I think that the biggest battle we have to win is not with the prospect, but between our ears. 

Am I going to believe today’s circumstances, or am I going to work toward what tomorrow might become? 

It all comes down to your point of view. Dismiss that garbage they send your way, and keep your mind on what might materialize if you persist. 

If not, you might as well get used to being without.


"I say to you, though he will not get up and give to him, because he is his friend, still, if he keeps on making his request, he will get up and give him as much as he has need of”. Jesus, Son of God. Luke 11:18. (BBE)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Influence

1.  Use everyone agrees with me.   2.  Lead with your best position.   3.  Use a deep voice. 4.  Oppose their source. 5.  Connect personally with the other person.  6.  Speak simply to the point. 7.  Use the top or bottom benefits of a list. 8.  Use an authority to support your position. 9.   Repeat your position clearly and often. 10.  Use common acceptance. 11.  Create a sense of urgency.  

Who Am I Following?

Last Sunday the church where I attend had a big Thanksgiving service at a local High School.  The church was celebrating 5 years in existence.  After the service was over, around 900 people began to pile out the rear door, where the pastor was shaking hands.  Everyone was supposed to be headed to the school’s cafeteria for lunch, and we were furthest away from the exit of that auditorium. Although my family was unfamiliar with that school, my son just popped open a side door and we passed hundreds of people waiting to exit through the rear door.  There we noticed the associate pastor walking briskly down the hallway.  We guessed that he knew where he was going, so we just followed him.  We arrived in the lunch line at the front, and got our meals within minutes.  As we left, we passed hundreds of people still waiting to be served.  Although we didn’t push or shove to get in front of those people, my son just thought us there. In any organization or

Popular posts from this blog

How to Influence

1.  Use everyone agrees with me.   2.  Lead with your best position.   3.  Use a deep voice. 4.  Oppose their source. 5.  Connect personally with the other person.  6.  Speak simply to the point. 7.  Use the top or bottom benefits of a list. 8.  Use an authority to support your position. 9.   Repeat your position clearly and often. 10.  Use common acceptance. 11.  Create a sense of urgency.  

Who Am I Following?

Last Sunday the church where I attend had a big Thanksgiving service at a local High School.  The church was celebrating 5 years in existence.  After the service was over, around 900 people began to pile out the rear door, where the pastor was shaking hands.  Everyone was supposed to be headed to the school’s cafeteria for lunch, and we were furthest away from the exit of that auditorium. Although my family was unfamiliar with that school, my son just popped open a side door and we passed hundreds of people waiting to exit through the rear door.  There we noticed the associate pastor walking briskly down the hallway.  We guessed that he knew where he was going, so we just followed him.  We arrived in the lunch line at the front, and got our meals within minutes.  As we left, we passed hundreds of people still waiting to be served.  Although we didn’t push or shove to get in front of those people, my son just thought us there. In any organization or